23. August 2011 · Comments Off on Recent sewing · Categories: Craft

In between all of the recent harvesting and preserving, I have managed to do a little sewing for me and for the girls.

First up was this skirt, made from a kanga I bought in Kenya about 6 years ago.  My long-time favourite skirt, one that I bought at a sample sale many years ago recently had a total zipper failure.  So I decided it was time to retire “old faithful” and replace it with something new.



Anneli started playing with the remnants, so I pieced the leftovers together and made her one too.

Miniature version

Then I made a couple of tunic tops for the girls.  Both are made from an old white sheet, and also make use of the same sheeting (and home-made bias binding) that I used on my coffee sack handbag.

Anneli's tunic

Frida's tunic

Then I also whipped up a little bolero cardigan for Frida, made from an old jersey wrap dress that I never wore.

Frida's cardigan

And finally, I made a portable entertainment unit for Anneli – a little binder that contains sketch pad and a pocket for crayons, pencils etc.  The outer fabric is a remnant from Ikea, and the inner fabric was a remnant of quilting cotton – both acquired by buying bags of random remnants.  As you can see, she’s been making use of it already!

Comments closed.